Tuesday 24 February 2015

The Treatment Plan......

What you gonna do about it?


Well three plans were drawn up by the orthodontist and his assistant. I just had to choose which one.

Plan A; Surgery to brake my jaw pull it forward and cure the overbite. Then a brace.  X
Plan B; Remove some teeth and have a brace for the next 2 years.   
Plan C; Do nothing

Plan B it is at a total cost of £4305. Not cheap when I had braces on the NHS as a teenager.

Wonky front tooth
mangled mess of my bottom teeth
The lower metal train track I had kept popping off, and the dentist at the time didn't seem all that bothered by the mangled mess my bottom teeth were left like. This was caused by severe overcrowding in my small lower jaw. The top were left vaguely straight but with a wonky front tooth. With the pushing through of my wisdom teeth in my twenties my over-jet was pushed further out.
Overbite 11mm


So the treatment plan of my new orthodontist is hopefully going to resolve all this. It involves at least 12 visits to the dentist in the next 2 years but maybe quicker depending on how I get on with the new brace. I'm opting for Damon clear braces. As an adult its rubbish enough having to have braces so this system is clear and will hopefully reduce the noticeability of having to have train tracks again.

The options 
To cure the overbite i am having the SXLA4 removed on each side at the top and my teeth pulled back with the brace to fill the gap. if you have a large overbite and the dentist says to take some teeth out, have it done!

Face profile with overbite 11mm
On the bottom I'm having my SSXL8 (wisdom tooth) removed on both sides as I have so much overcrowding, and then the brace to spread the arch and straighten then up.

So. my first appointment is next week to have the wisdom teeth removed. I have never had any teeth out before so I am dreading it. But its the start of the journey.....

No comments:

Post a Comment